When the scalp feels tight and itchy
When confronted with certain factors, such as pollution or stress, the scalp develops an acute level of sensitivity. In addition to itchiness, there is a sensation of dryness and the scalp feels painful to the touch. Dandruff may also appear. In fact, the scalp’s physiological flora becomes modified and microorganisms multiply. The skin cells over the scalp are renewed at a much more rapid pace, causing dandruff to form.
There are several causes to a sensitive scalp
- An imbalanced diet
- Harsh shampoo
- Frequent styling and blow drying
- Wearing motorcycle helmets for long periods of time
- Chlorinated water, sunrays...
Gentle shampoo will help treat the scalp
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Learn how to manage your stress
- Regularly massage your scalp to stimulate blood circulation
- Do not keep your hair pulled back tightly, let it “breathe” during the day
- Wear a hat in the sun to protect your hair